Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Thanksgiving Survey

Tuesday, November 25, 2008
A Thankgiving One

1. Which do you like better: Cooking at your house, or going elsewhere? I absoutly love to cook thanksgiving dinner.... Maybe next yr I can have everyone to my house!

2. Do you buy a fresh or frozen bird? Frozen... Never had a fresh one but that would cut out about 2 days of thawing time! lol

3. What kind of stuffing? bread stuffing cooked inside the turkey! Yummy! I cant stand cornbread stuffing Yuck! (THIS IS A PROBLEM CAUSE MY HUBBY ONLY LIKES CORNBREAD STUFFING)Defintally a southern thing cause I never even heard of cornbread stuffing till I moved to the south! :)

4. Sweet potato or pumpkin pie? Pumpkin Pie with vanilla ice cream! sweet patato is good to!

5. Do you believe that turkey leftovers are a curse, or the point of the whole thing? Defintally the whole point! I love me a turkey sandwich the next day! Oh I cant wait! I am not a huge left over fan but thanksgiving left overs are the best! Why do we only make this meal once a year? lol

6. Which side dish would provoke a riot if you left it off the menu? Sweet patatoes! or candied yams as I call them

7. Do you save the carcass to make soup or stock? NO yuck!

8. What do you wish you had that would make preparing Thanksgiving dinner easier? about 6 ovens and 3 stove tops! lol :)

9. Do you get up at the crack of dawn to have dinner ready in the early afternoon, or do you eat at your normal dinner hour? Crack of dawn turkey goes in the oven at 5am unless we are deep frying it...then we can sleep in late! lol

10. If you go to somebody else's house, what's your favorite dish to bring? Candied Yams, or Green Bean Cassarole, or Cheesy broccoli cassorole

11. What do you wish one of your guests wouldn't bring to your house? fruit cake..who really eats them? lol

12. Does your usual mix of guests result in drama, or is it a group you're happy to see? DRAMA...

13. What's your absolute favorite thing on the menu? I like the whole plate all together but I would probally throw a fit with out candied yams! lol

14. What are you thankful for this year? I have so much to be thankful for this year...God is so good to me! Most of all my healthy baby boy, A husband who loves me unconditionally, a wonderful church that we are pastoring, Friends that are like family...(wish you all lived closer), I could go on forever I truly am so blessed! THANK YOU JESUS!



3 comments:

~Crystal~ said...

Yay! You did it!

Sarah Hoffman said...

Hi Renee!! I had your blog address wrong and FINALLY got it right! Your lil guy is sooo CUTE!! Brings back fond memories of my boys being little! :0) God bless you and keep in touch!!
Sarah

Shionge said...

Hey this is so sweet about Thanksgiving and what joy indeed...your boy is so grown up Renee :D