Thursday, October 2, 2008

Marriage



Can I just say "hats off to all of you out there who have been married for more than 5yrs and are still inlove and going strong"

Marriage isnt easy all the time, but it is defintally something worth the effort and commitment to keep! My pastor use to say "Love isnt just a feeling it is a commitment that sometimes produces a feeling" that has always stuck with me you may not always feel but when you are commited to someone for life and you take your vows seriously cause you meant them then and you said them before God.... then you do what ever it takes to keep your marriage alive and healthy! (there is only one reason biblcally that divorce is even allowed and thats when one is unfaithful or commits adultry) I decided when I was a teenager and watched my parents drag us kids back and forth to court during thier divorce that DIVORCE was never going to be a opition for me I literally took it out of my vocabulary and never have, even in anger threatened or spoke the word! I have recently heard that several of my close friends have given up and are getting divorced this breaks my heart into a million pieces.... Guys the enemy is real just as real as Jesus and he will do anything to seperate what GOD has put together...... Dont let him! Keep God in the center of your marriage...there is a old saying "That a family that prays together stays together" I 100% believe that to be true! if we make room even a inch for the devil to come in and mess things up he will and when you give him an inch he takes a mile! Can I challenge you to do something for your spouse today.... remember what it was about him that you fell for.... why you fell in love with him.... and never let a day go by that you dont let him know you love him and appreciate him... one more thing never go to bed angry!

My husband and I have been married for 7 yrs and they have been wonderful...yes we have had rough times but through and prayer and commitment to each other we have made it through and I thank God for the Man of God I married and if given the oppritunity to do it over I would in a heart beat! I love you Baby! Photobucket



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you to babe!
your Hubby

Shionge said...

Yes, lots of ups and downs in a marriage and it takes alot of effort by both to work it out.

I have been through 'hell' for the first five years of our marriage and glad that it is going stronger every day.

Wishing both of you the best as you embrace life as husband and wife and now, embrace parenthood too :D